Project: The Last Taxi
Project Lead: Danielle King (Producer, Designer, Writer), Corey King (Producer, Designer, PM), Kyle Gray (Technical Director, Designer)
Virtual Reality Narrative Game — Digital
In Development 2016 to present
Estimated Release Date Mid 2020
In an age of automation, you are the last human taxi driver. The hours are long, and the pay is terrible. You must resist obsolescence.
The Last Taxi is a Virtual Reality (VR) action-management conversation game. Focused on topical issues surrounding automation, climate change, trans-humanism and class division, The Last Taxi is set in Progress Point a politically and economically-divided sprawling metropolis that has fully embraced automation and human modiﬁcation, creating a satirical and somberly-surreal vision of the future. As the last human driver you’ll meet a diverse cast of passengers, each with their own tailored conversations that act as self-contained mini-stories, and be drawn into a family-focused story campaign that will lead you deep into the divided heart of Progress Point.
- Earn tips by navigating treacherous, irreverent, haunting and quirky passenger conversations, each exploring different aspects of life in the automated future.
- Report passengers to the authorities or aid their struggles in morally-complex situations.
- Combat automation by earning and installing passenger-granted items that are installed into the taxi or test the bounds of humanity by upgrading yourself with mechanic-altering augmentations.
- Maximize tips by managing malfunctioning equipment, avoiding environmental hazards, and listening and responding intently to passengers.
- Evade personal catastrophe or be consumed by it in a family-focused, decision-based storyline.
- Experience a rich and detailed world that provides 10 hours of gameplay and a depth of story beyond what is currently available in VR, including 25 unique choice-driven endings.
- Explore an epic and richly detailed sci-ﬁ world.